I think this post is pretty self explanatory… let’s get into it!
1. I started writing poetry at the age of 9 as a coping strategy after my dad passed away. Since then, I’ve written hundreds poems, song lyrics, and journal entries. I have over 15 notebooks filled with everything I’ve written over the years. They are my most prized possessions and I’ve never shown them to anyone.
2. I wish we still lived in a time when we weren’t constantly connected to each other with smart phones and social media. It completely drains me mentally and emotionally being connected to other people constantly. #oldsoul
3. I feel most “at home” whenever I’m near the water. I can physically feel my soul come alive when I’m near the ocean, swimming or floating in the water, or on a boat. I can’t fully explain it, but it’s the most captivating, comforting feeling.
4. I’ve only lost 8 baby teeth. I’ve also never had a cavity.
5. I’m super connected to “the other side” and things kind of out-of-this-world. I’ve seen ghosts since I was a kid; after my grandma passed away, she would come with me to Kindergarten every single day and sit at the empty seat next to me. After my dad died, he would wake me up in the middle of the night and we’d walk downstairs together to get water or just sit on the couch for a little while. Sometimes I will just have a feeling that something isn’t right (it can even make me physically sick) and those feelings have predicted some serious tragedies, like the night my uncle was killed. I have had tons of dreams that have predicted the future, too. Pretty crazy.
6. I’ve gone to every Fall Out Boy concert held in Buffalo since they started touring in 2006. Never missed a single one. #emokidforlife
7. I’ve always been a little too interested in eyebrows. I wouldn’t necessarily call it an “obsession” (my mom might disagree), but I have always paid a lot more attention to people’s eyebrows than your average Joe. My eyebrows, your eyebrows, your mom’s eyebrows… if I’ve met you, I could describe your eyebrows in explicit detail.
8. I’ve never had a serious injury. No broken bones, sprained ankles, cuts that needed stitches, or anything like that.
9. I LOVE to be alone. (Not to be lonely, just to have time by myself.)
10. I had an imaginary friend when I was a kid. His name was Brian and he was an Asian kid around my age at the time. I always thought he might have been a spirit and not just a figment of my imagination, but I guess I will never know!
Did any of these things surprise you? Do we have anything in common? Let me know in the comments! I love to get to know my readers better.